Thursday, April 16, 2009

Potty seat?

Under pressure, Shea mentioned to one of his teachers that he was scared about "falling into" the big potty.

Ok. Maybe he was just saying something to get her off his back. Or maybe he really feels that way.

I have tried a "potty seat" before. You know, the contraption that sits on the regular seat and makes it smaller and more comfy, less precarious. But, Shea didn't have much interest other than disdain or down right disregard for the "prop" and it ended up going away back to Grannie's where it came from.

But, today being Thursday, after dropping off Molly and a friend at the skate park for "girls only day", Shea and I went to Grannie's, our local thrift store, to do a little shopping. Sure enough, in the toy area I spotted a "potty seat" and thought; what the heck? What do I have to loose?

I didn't make a big deal about it. I didn't talk about it. I didn't wave it around in the attempt to make it look enticing. I just sat it on the big potty and left it there.

Sometime after dinner, Shea found it and has been sitting on it all evening. No. He is not sitting on the big potty but the potty seat is "under" Shea where ever he happens to be. At this time, he is parked on the "potty seat" in a green wingback chair playing on PBSkids.org.

You know it has been a tough, long potty training road if I consider that a small victory but somehow I do.

1 comment:

deirdre said...

Very cool. We take our victories where they present themselves. Go Shea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails