Friday, May 8, 2009

Flying solo all week

Jake has been gone all week doing a workshop in Portland, OR. He will be back tonight and I am very, VERY glad.

I know there are single parents out there who manage by themselves just fine, thank you very much! For this, I take my parental hat off to you. I don't know how you do it!

Because it is damn hard being the only one. Maybe I am just too old for this? The house is a disaster (more than usual), my dinner ideas are completely tapped out without the resident BBQ maestro and the "Let's wait for daddy to get home" list of projects and problems is getting longer by the hour.

Yes, we missed him. I am sure he learned lots and it was time well spent. But, I learned something too.

Damn, I appreciate him! And, I'm glad I don't have to fly solo all the time.

Get home safe, babe.

1 comment:

Holly said...

My husabnd would work (or be gone) for 12 hour days, so I always kinda felt like a single mother, becuase when he got home, he was too tired to help me with the kids... Ugh. I'm tired just thinking about it!

glad he's coming home to you! A week is a long time!

Happy Mother's day!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails