I thought this was a helpful list to bring up as the school year begins!
1. Think Before You Speak: Is it nice? Is it necessary? Is it true?
2. Lying is NEVER OK!
3. Notice when a friend needs support — good friends don’t only think of themselves!
4. Kindness makes good friendships. ALWAYS BE KIND!
5. Treat others as you want to be treated yourself!
6. ALWAYS INCLUDE EVERYONE — especially at school!
7. When there is a disagreement about what to play — Take Turns and Cooperate! (Rock, Paper, Scissors)
8. Friends don’t get mad at little things — be tolerant!
9. Friends realize that sometimes it’s important to JUST LISTEN! You don’t always have to have the last word.
10. Friends take turns instead of arguing. You don’t have to always be first!
11. Friends don’t tease hurtfully about someone’s size, shape, color, clothes or other traits.
12. Friends are not bossy — they don’t threaten not to be your BFF anymore!
13. Pull people up — DON’T put people down!
14. SECRETS ARE DANGEROUS! They can come between friends and it’s really hard to know who you can trust with them.
15. Don’t Be Selfish!
16. Don’t Brag!
17. Always Include Everybody! Save special play time for play dates or time at home.
18. It’s OK to be sad. It’s OK to be mad. It’s not OK to be BAD! (Mean or Unkind)
19. If you get into an argument — TALK IT OUT!
20. Be LOYAL to your friends!